Announcements and Important Events
1.) Football has been reinstated
- We will begin practice on Tuesday, September 8 with two days of "Shell" practice.
- Padded practice can begin on Thursday, September 10.
- September 3 - September 7 is "Dead Week" for football.
- We will play a six game regular season starting in Week 4 (home vs. Ida) on Friday, September 18. JV will play at Ida on Thursday, September 17.
- All teams will make the playoffs
- Middle School Football will begin on Wednesday, September 9 with a conditioning session after school. The coaches will organize equipment handout that day as well.
- Sideline Cheer WILL be a part of football game days.
2.) Volleyball may begin indoor practice on Wednesday, September 9.
- Our first varsity competition will be September 15 vs. Ida.
- The JV Quad against Jonesville on Thursday, September 10 is TBD.
- Middle School Volleyball will begin indoor practice on Wednesday, September 9.
3.) Soccer can compete
- First game will be Thursday, September 10 home vs. Jonesville
4.) Cross Country
- Proceed as normal. Congrats on winning the Whiteford Invite for both boys and girls!
SPECTATORS: The Athletic Department is currently developing a policy to allow each participant of each competition two tickets to use for fans. Details on this will be announced in the coming days.
5.) At this time, we are continuing to suspend any winter and spring sports workouts for non-fall sport athletes until we can get these fall sports safely off the ground. This will keep fall sports athletes playing their fall sport and will allow us to avoid unnecessary intermingling of athletes to minimize potential spread of Covid.
This will no doubt be a challenge for all of us but a challenge that we are looking forward to. It will be incredibly important that we preach to our athletes the importance of wearing masks and staying safe. Good health will be the key to being able to compete!